Thursday, November 17, 2011

Arroz al Horno (baked rice)

After paella this is probably the most iconic dish on the table in the Valencia Community. This dish is traditionally baked in a ceramic dish and includes pork ribs, panncetta, morcilla sausage, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, and garbanzo beans.

This version is in Spanish and he gives a excellent explanation of the dish from start to finish.


Here is my version in English which needs to be revised a bit but I think I do a pretty good job. Not too many people complain about my arroz al horno. I have a lot of trick in my version that I think really help the dish along. I don't fry the potatoes beforehand as I think the dish has enough fat and oil and so I parboil them for only a minute or two. I use Roma tomatoes which I slice in two and place around the dish. And don't be shy with the ribs,pancetta, and morcilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VIDEO: how does Globexs work?