Friday, September 21, 2012

Electric Pasta Boiler?


In yet another attempt at reducing my energy consumption I have added an electric kettle to my stock of kitchen gadgets. I make a lot of pasta and it always seems like such a waste of energy to boil water on the stove. I have asked Italian friends if there exists in Italy some sort of electric pasta cooker to heat water more efficiently. Evidently there isn’t such a contraption so either I am on to something or this is going to be a dumb idea. An electric kettle boils the water and then turns itself off automatically. I can’t count how many times I have put water on the stove to boil and then returned to my desk and forgotten about the entire act of cooking. I use a kitchen timer now to remind myself that I have something on the stove but I think this electric kettle idea is a lot better. After the water boils I simply pour it into a pot and then I cook the pasta. The kettle is insulated and has a good lid so it seems like a much more energy efficient option. I may even start drinking tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VIDEO: how does Globexs work?